|Playground (Photo credit: phalinn)|
There is only one vote per person, so the key is to get every community member involved. This is especially important in small communities. I would love to see Eagle Elementary School, the school my kids attended, win - but we really would have to get the entire community involved, as well as friends and family from elsewhere, because there are not that many people in the community. We'd need every vote, and then some.
Here are some suggestions from U.S. Cellular to help get you started rallying your community:
- When the campaign launches, there will be a printable flyer on the U.S. Cellular website that can help you spread the word in the community.
- Post information on your school’s website with a link to the U.S. Cellular website for updates.
- Engage sports teams, the school band or student groups to help spread the word by handing out campaign flyers available on uscellular.com.
- Ask local businesses to share campaign flyers with their customers or hang flyers on their premises.
- Even get the Principal involved for some fun incentives like a pie-throwing contests.
The Calling All Communities campaign is open to all K-12 schools where U.S. Cellular has a retail presence – big or small, public or private. Be sure to check out the U.S. Cellular website for more information if you have any questions, and get started gathering community support for your local school. You could help your school win $25,000.! Winning schools will be announced in December.